- SD: Bird brains follow the beat
- SD: Norwegian success in creating an artificial child's voice
- BBC: Digital tools 'to save languages'
- BBC: Goat kids can develop 'accents'
- NS: Young goats can develop distinct accents
- NS: The only primate to communicate in pure ultrasound
- NYT: They're, like, way ahead of the linguistic currrrve
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Friday, February 3, 2012
- NS: Grouse have signature drumming styles
- SD: Prenatal testosterone linked to increased risk of language delay for male infants
- SD: Tiny crooners: male house mice sing songs to impress the girls
- SD: Gene mutation in autism found to cause hyperconnectivity in brain's hearing center
- SD: Scientists decode brain waves to eavesdrop on what we hear
- ScienceNOW: Do dolphins speak whale in their sleep?
- CBS: The secret language of elephants (2010 from 60 Minutes that replayed recently)
- Royal Soc B: Rejection of a serial founder effects model of genetic & linguistic coevolution